Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Top 25 Albums of 2016

Beyoncé dominated critics' lists, but where did she land here?

I've already posted the SoundSpecs and my top 25 songs, so I'll wrap things up by ranking my favorite albums of the year.

25. Emily’s D+Evolution - Esperanza Spalding

24. 99.9% - KAYTRANADA

23. Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande

22. Freetown Sound - Blood Orange

21. E•MO•TION: Side B - Carly Rae Jepsen

20. Teens of Denial - Car Seat Headrest

19. untitled unmastered. - Kendrick Lamar

18. Malibu - Anderson .Paak

17. “Awaken, My Love!” - Childish Gambino

16. The Life of Pablo - Kanye West

15. Nothing But Thieves - Nothing But Thieves

14. Lemonade - Beyoncé

13. AIM - M.I.A.

12. Blackstar - David Bowie

11. Skeleton Tree - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

10. We Got It from Here… Thank You 4 Your Service - A Tribe Called Quest

9. Farewell, Starlite! - Francis and the Lights

8. Nothing’s Real - Shura

7. The Colour in Anything - James Blake

6. I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It - The 1975

5. 22, A Million - Bon Iver

4. ANTI - Rihanna

3. A Moon Shaped Pool - Radiohead

2. Coloring Book - Chance the Rapper

1. Love You to Death - Tegan and Sara

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff here. I adored A Moon Shaped Pool, and there are tracks on Anti I can play over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Love those two albums, which remained in my top 5 since they came out months ago.

      Delete
  2. I can see we have a few in common. Had an inkling what your #1 would be :) I need to give the debut 99,9% a listen, thanks for reminding me. "Glowed Up" and "You're the One" are excellent.

    Kendrick's album is my top 25 and may go higher over time, some of those tracks hold up really well despite tagged as leftovers.

    ReplyDelete